Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Need to post

Our camera is being fixed so I have no pictures, but if I don't post now it might be another month before I put anything on here.
Last weekend we took a surprise trip to Seattle. Jake had some work to do and me and the girls were missing grandma and grandpa grandpa. It was Rees' 3rd birthday so we were lucky to be there to celebrate and spend time weith Brian, Heather, Rees and Lucy. Riley and Lucy really enjoyed each other, chatting and rolling towards each other. Kaylee and Rees mostly got a long, but every once in awhile they wanted to show the other who was boss. The weather was great and our flight home was a breeze (thanks to a little help from the Backyardigans on the Zune).

When we got home at 11pm that night, all of pout lights were on and our house was cold. We went downstaris to the thater room and the window was broken out- WE WERE ROBBBED!!!! They took a bunch of electronics, Jake's shotgun I got him for his birthday and his motorcycle! We called the police right away and made our reports. Thankfully we have insurance that will cover everything. Now it's just a matter of paperwork and waiting. Kind of ironic that my alarm selling husband got robbed. The total stolen adds up tp 14000.00

In other news, my little brother got his mission call to Tampa, FL. He reports to the MTC on April 24.
Oh, really has been awhile since I've posted. We are moving out to Yonkers, New York this summer for Jake's job with APX. The plan is to be out there April 15th. I realize I haven't said anything about his change of companies. In a tiny nutshell, the company he had been with for four year, Firstline, went bankrupt. He is now with one of the biggest competitors int the alarm industry, APX. It has been a big blessing, better oppurtunity, and way less stress, and more potential for pay. Because of the switch from firstline to APX Jake hasnt really had to work for 4 months. we feel very spoiled to have vacationed and had so much time together, Jake has been able to snowmobile as much as he has wanted. other than these few updates the Dahl Family is trucking along and lovin life.

8 comments:

Wurtz Gang said...

Thanks for the update! It's a total bummer that you guys were robbed! Go fig though that the one who sells the systems gets hit. Anyways, lets try and get together before you guys leave.

Jed and Kate said...

YAY!! A new post!!! You made my day!

I LOVE that you guys are moving to Yonkers, as you know. Can't wait!

Did I know that the reason your window was broken was because you were robbed? I imagine you would have told me, so I must have spaced it.

Love you and miss you!!!
-Kate

Jordan and Jandee said...

I can't believe you guys were broken in to....yikes. good thing about the insurance!

Annie Jane said...

Hi Kelsie, thanks for the post. You would think I would hear about that stuff through Anne, but sometimes she forgets to share news! I had no idea Scott had received his mission call. All I knew is that he was working on papers. Terrific! And then you guys were robbed! Oh man that is terrible!!! It is such a icky feeling. We've been robbed twice; once in Mexico while working for your dad (all bags but one, heartbreaking) and a couple months ago someone broke into our garage and stole those cheap little motor bikes that John and Shelly got when working with you guys! Your robbery sounds awful because they got away with so much stuff! I am sorry! Well thanks again for the post.

Shelley said...

Hey Kelsie, its Shelley Ricedorff. I can't believe you guys were robbed. Crazy. Thank goodness for insurance. I saw pictures of you guys on the Hydes blog. Where are you guys going for the summer? It's fun to see your blog. Your girls are getting so big. They grow so fast. :)

Nikki said...

Hey Kels... so I heard that someone had gotten into your house again. I'm sorry about that. I hope you four are doing good. Miss seeing you!

Melissa Hruban said...

hey kelsie! I didn't know you guys had your house broken into! that sucks! :( I'm sorry.. at least you have your insurance though! Anyways I just made my own blog and I don't know how to invite people to it but the address is Melissabudge.blogspot.com.

Trish said...

I had no idea you had a blog!! Glad I found you. I will peek in often :)