Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am a terrible blogger. I keep waiting until I have pictures to post anything new, but my pictures are taking too long to get on the computer for whatever reason.

So a quick update will have to do. Then I won't feel so guilty that it's been so long since Ive posted.

We are back n California for the rest of October. Last week Jana accopanied me and the girls on an adventurous plane ride to meet Jake back here. Let me tell you, Kaylee did not like the security check point. While Jana was parking the car, I had to Kaylee ad baby to the gate by myself. I was fine for awhile with Kaylee in the stroller eating raisins, and baby in my arms sleeping. In order to go through the metal detector and had to take off my shoes, unwrap baby, take off Kaylee's shoes, breakdown the stroller and empty my pockets. They let me hold both babies while I walked through. I had to set Kaylee down to put the stroller back up and that's when everything went downhill. Kaylee slipped in her socks and wou;dnt go back into the stroller. I got my stuff situated on the stroller and kept the kids in my arms until we got out of the elevator and the stroller tipped over. Thankfully there was an old man with a group who got to the airport extra early who helped me all the way to my terminal. Jana made it just in time- they had already closed the gate, but opened it for her cause they knew I was in desperate need of her help. I couldn't have made that flight, with a layover n Vegas, without her. Kaylee is just too curious.

The baby did great. By the way, we are changing her name to something else. I don't know what yet, but it's not Madison. She just is not a Madison, or even a Maddy to me. So last week I called her Macy, this week I'll call her Gracie. Usually I just call her little girl casue nothing is feels right. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Anyway, little girl is doing great. She has had a stuffy nose since she was born it seems, but I finally found this saline gel that helps her breath. She still sleeps a lot, just a little angel.

2 comments:

Jed and Kate said...

Kels! What a crazy airport experience! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! Thank goodness for kind people willing to lend a hand! What a difference we can make if we're just paying attention to the people around us and willing to be a little inconvenienced.

Good luck figuring out a name! That's gotta be crazy not having something to call her. But, I have some family friends who did the same thing--it wasn't till she was 3 months old that they finally decided--and even then they gave her 3 names (none of which were the original one)!! But, they were always happy with what they finally decided on, so go with it! I'm definitely partial to Macey cuz I know the CUTEST Macey in the whole world! If you went with that one, I would end up knowing the TWO cutest Macey's in the whole world. (I can't remember how you spelled it, but that's how Kim and Jared spell their Macey's name--there's also Macy, Maycee, May-C, Maysee, Maicee...do you want me to keep going?)
-Kate
PS, I talked to Kim and Jared the other day and they said you ARE in the same ward! I am SO jealous--I wish I could be as lucky as you to be in their ward, AND I wish I was as lucky as them to be in YOUR ward!
PPS, I miss you!

Shelly Hyde said...

i love that she is just "little girl" right now... sounds like something i would have done. we need to see more pics of little girl. Goldie needs to meet her cousin. when are you going to head out to see us?