Friday, May 30, 2008

Rockin' Rochester

A few weeks ago we moved to Rochester, NY. It's about 5 hours north of Yonkers. It has been such a good move. It's better up here for Jake and it's definatley better up here for me and the girls. We live in a complex with parks and grassy fields and usually nice weather. Another bonus- we live about 30 minutes away from Hill Cumorah.


Me and Kaylee are standing at the backdoor of Joseph Smith's house. The door was locked cause we got there early, but we peeked in the windows. It made me so grateful for the apartment we lieved in, even though we were without furniture for 2 weeks : )

Me and Riley are on a bridge over the river that Hyrum Smith was baptised in. We are walking toward the sacred grove.

Me and Riley in the sacred grove. It was such a perfect day. The grove is so peaceful and beautiful. We liked it so much we came back the next week.
Kaylee was feeling the spirit. She wanted to get on her knees : ) Not really, she just was squatting to copy me while I took the picture. Because of our sudden move we had to wait on getting our furniture. We got pretty creative making forts out of moving boxes and watching movies on the floor.

For Kaylee's birthday (she turned two on May 9th) we took her to a nearby mall that had a huge indoor carousel. She loved it. I think we rode it 5 times, a different horse each time. Are you loving my roots in this picture? I just dyed my hair back to brown, but you'll have to wait for pics of that.
This is the little meadow across the street from our apartment. We walk through it to go to the park where the swings are. But I think she has more fun in the grass. She was in love with the dandelions. In this meadow we've seen a bunny, lots of groundhogs, birds and the ultimate... Binny!!! Bambi is Kaylee's most favorite movie, so she about dies when we saw a deer about 25 feet away.


Just to compare- this is the park that we used to go to in Yonkers.

Did I mention we live right by the Erie Canal. How coolis that! Last Sunday we took the girls to the boardwalk to feed the ducks.

Our little girls are becoming best friends. There is nothing better than hearing them make each other laugh.



Riley 's teeth are coming in!!! This is a frequent expression for Riley cause she is always snorting and always drooling.
We are really enjoying our summer here. We have one month down and Jake is doing better than ever. He has installed 77 accounts and can't wait to bust it out next month. He is motivated and on track to hit his goals. We are so proud of him and always look forward to the time we get to see him.

8 comments:

Jordan and Jandee said...

Kelsie! I'm loving all the pictures and your new place looks really neat and peaceful! We miss you guys like crazy and can't wait to hang out in the fall!

Jed and Kate said...

It looks gorgeous there! Seems like PLANETS away from the New York I know! I'm glad that you guys feel more at home there but am SO bummed you're not a 30 minute train ride away anymore! I really don't know if we'll be able to make it up there this summer...it is filling up like crazy with family stuff, weddings, Jed's HS reunion...not to mention my darn full time job! We'll see!
-Kate

Er Bear said...

are you guys still with kyle and jamie? i thought that you all moved to michigan...anyway...that looks like so much fun. i love that part of new york:) that is awesome that jake is doing so well!!! your girls are adorable!

Shelly Hyde said...

Yeah! I love your hair. or your old hair. What a beautiful place you guys live... we really should come and visit soon.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures but hate them at the same time it makes me miss you guys alot. It looks like where you are at is amazing and you are seeing some cool things. we cant wait for you to come home. we love you guys

Wurtz Gang said...

Your new place looks beautiful!!! I loved the blond hair, but I know that maintance can be a pain. Lastly, WAY TO GO JAKE!!!!

The Reeds said...

Yeah! I'm sure it made a huge diference for you and the girls and everyone's sanity. Kids love to be outside and it zaps their energy. I love it.
I lost my cell phone and have no way to call you, but I still have the same number. If you call or text me then I will be able to get in contact with you.

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

Hey Kelsie! I found your blog thru Jed and Kate's - and I was thrilled! First of all, you look fabulous as a blond!!! And second - your girls are so, so pretty - just like you! I'm so glad to read you're liking where you are...your mom said she is going to come back to visit and I've been trying to figure out how I can come, too!! Oh, don't worry, I wouldn't come with her to your place - I'd stay in the city and search for George Clooney - I hear he's single again...of course, I'm not but hey, every day's a new day and I could be!!
Love to you! Nan (Oh, Google only lets me sign in under my dog's blog - yes, Caesar has his own blog only because he insisted upon it..but then, so do it - mine is: www.potsandpins.com - stop by sometime!)